Training Today’s Hospitality Leaders
Awarded Best Service To Combat and Reduce the Impact of COVID-19 by the CEO World Awards, Accelerate is an interactive, virtual training that is changing the hospitality industry. Engage your entire hotel team in as little as 5 minutes that will drive revenue results and increase success in your market. Learn how to provide award-winning hospitality and discover how to elevate your hotel’s service delivery to meet priorities of today’s guest.
Sign up for a FREE preview Accelerate eLearning today.
Fill out this form to lock in your limited time offer!
Search featured hospitality courses by job title
Register for these recommended courses
• Part I: Reset for 2021! Forget Everything You Thought You Knew!
• Create Memorable Experiences
• Innovate the Guest Experience
• Elevate Your Service
• Creative Communication: QR Codes
• Motivating a Team Running on Empty
• Part II: Reset for 2021! Forget Everything You Thought You Knew!
• Google Alerts
• COVID-19 Vaccination Opportunities
New Sales Essentials:
• ALL Courses for ALL Segments
• Staying Focused on Important when Everything is Important
• Finding the BEST Leads
• Provide Enticing Add-Ons
• Leading Your Team Through COVID-19 Recovery
• How the Sales Call has and will Continue to Evolve
• Shifting Strategy for COVID-19
• Finance 101
Mgmt. Co. Rep
• Setting Activity Goals
• New Terminology and
• Travel Opportunities
• Sales Strategy During and Post COVID-19
• Communication that Gets a Response
View the Course Catalog
- Building an Effective Team
- Recruiting with Purpose
- Onboarding a New Team Member
- Leading Your Team Through COVID -19 Recovery
- Motivating a Team Through a Global Pandemic
- Coaching & Mentoring
- Development Planning
- Developing a Goals Cascade for Your Team
- Hosting an Effective Meeting
- Shifting Your Strategy for COVID-19
- Understand the Details of Your Market
- Accelerate Trust by Offering Relevant Solutions
- Sales Strategy During and Post COVID-19
- Health and Safety are Top Priorities
- How the Sales Call has and will Continue to Evolve
- Building Strong Partnerships and Successful Relationships
- New Terminology and Essential Travel
- Travel Opportunities RIGHT NOW
- The Art of Shifting Perspective to Overcome Objections
- Communicate Your Health and Safety Standards with Clear Messaging
- Marketing Today
- Food & Agriculture
- Emergency Services
- Government Facilities
- Healthcare & Public Health
- Critical Manufacturing
- Nuclear Reactors, Materials
- Information Technology
- Defense Industrial Base
- Create Memorable Experiences
- Innovate the Guest Experience
- COVID-19 Vaccination Opportunities
- Finding the BEST Leads
- Elevate Your Service from 6ft. Away
- Infiltrating New Segments
- Setting Activity Goals
- QR Codes: Creative Communication
- Google Alerts
- Google Maps for Government Lists
- 60+ Projects from Construction Dive
- Prospecting: Winning
- Business Facilities Tools
- Offering Solutions / Area Partners
- Time Management: Stop
- Prospecting: Energy Sector
- Emails with Impact
- Getting Started with Government
- Part I: Reset for 2021! Forget Everything You Thought You Knew!
- Part II: Reset for 2021! Forget Everything You Thought You Knew!
- Part III: Reset for 2021! Forget Everything You Thought You Knew!
Interested in a product demonstration?
Fill out this form to schedule an in depth demonstration of Accelerate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most hospitality programs at the university level are produced from their College of Hotel Administration, offering undergraduate, or graduate degrees in hotel administration. The most popular and one of the best hospitality programs in the United States is the undergraduate program in Hotel Administration from the Hotel School at Cornell University’s SC Johnson College of Business. Other popular hotel administration programs include the University of Central Florida, Florida State University, Florida International University, and Iowa State University. There are also several online schools such as Grand Canyon University, and Keiser University that offer hospitality degrees.” When seeking a degree in hotel administration be sure that all aspects of the business are included in the curriculum. Learning all aspects of the hospitality business should include exposure to operations, accounting, marketing, finance, real estate, communications, and other business courses.
One of the most entertaining networking questions to ask anyone in hospitality is “What is your degree in?” Some of the answers you may find could include graphic design, criminal justice, digital marketing, business administration, entertainment management. A hotel administration degree takes many aspects of business, like accounting, finance, marketing, and couples them with a practical curriculum focused on hospitality like catering management, food science, and chemistry, all aspects of hotel operations. Having a college degree is not a prerequisite for many positions in hospitality, but it helps. If the school you are seeking does not have a hospitality program, then any business program or communications degree can help. Hospitality is a service business so any degree or work experience that focuses on the customer and develops interpersonal and problem-solving skills will be beneficial.
There are so many benefits to eLearning, particularly for hospitality courses. One of the easiest ways to sharpen your skills is through online learning. Regardless of age, background, experience–one can complete online courses to help further his/her knowledge and skills. Online hospitality courses are usually much less expensive and allow the learner to dabble in many topics to find what is best.
If recovery from the pandemic is what you are seeking, then look for hospitality courses that have been written since 2020. Be selective about the content you are paying for so that you are sure it applies to the current state of the hospitality industry. Content that was written pre-pandemic simply does not apply to the current state of the hospitality industry, nor for its forecasted state for several years. Communicating and executing essential health and safety protocols is crucial for success during and post-recovery. Hospitality courses that focus on these topics are the best options for positioning to recover profitability. The global pandemic has required everyone to be creative in coming up with solutions to position themselves for recovery.
Travelers today are not as easy to identify, so hospitality courses that help find them are valuable. For example, many salespeople focused on group business pre-pandemic, especially those requiring convention/meeting space. It will take some time before those group segments return as most people are still hesitant to gather in large groups, especially if required to travel. Most travelers today are from non-traditional segments. In order to capture travelers, a salesperson will need training to uncover these opportunities.
Learning how to find the business that is traveling today is challenging, but doable. It requires different skills than what most hospitality salespeople have been used to. Consider the booming transportation segment. Most salespeople have experience with airline crews, distressed passengers, etc. in this segment, but those are not the areas that are traveling right now. Hospitality courses that teach about those that are traveling right now is important.
Another relevant example is the construction segment. The construction require a record number of room nights because their travel is essential. Did you know there are nine phases of construction? Most salespeople are focused only on one or two of those phases. These are the hospitality courses found in Accelerate that will help position a hotel to recover and lead the market.
Many people have at some point decided to change industries and leave hospitality for a time. Especially, during the pandemic, that decision has been made for many people through layoffs or extended furloughs. One of the best things that any potential hospitality candidate can do while taking a break is to keep current with what is happening in the hospitality industry. Several online publications, websites, associations, and eLearning platforms can help at minimal costs. Accelerate is only one option for hospitality courses and learning-centered around all aspects of revenue generation including sales, marketing, leadership, and digital communications.
There are many options that a person has for hospitality courses, particularly online courses. Colleges and universities offer learning options, some of which are now online. Many professional associations and organizations offer online hospitality courses. And companies like Jacaruso that have been writing training content and courses for most of the hospitality brands in the world are now offering content directly to the learner. What used to be available only through brand relationships is now offering hospitality courses through its eLearning platform, Accelerate.
The most important content that anyone can expose themselves to right now will center around revenue generation. Most problems in hospitality are alleviated when revenues are healthy. Simply, this boils down to:
- Marketing: finding the right customer
- Sales: building those relationships
- Revenue Management: maximizing profitability
- Service: making loyal customers
The most talented general managers in hospitality have a strong aptitude for revenue generation.
Anyone looking for career advancement and the opportunity should always seek to expand their knowledge. The skills learned in hospitality courses like problem-solving, communications, customer service and critical thinking are transferable to almost every industry. Hospitality is a service industry, so any course could have applications in other service sectors.
Still have questions about Accelerate?
We can answer them for you!
Fill out this form to schedule an in depth demonstration of Accelerate.