The Jacaruso family of companies is seeking an Information Systems Engineer/Administrator to join our IT team. In this role, you will collaborate with our team to maintain and operate our systems, help automate and streamline our operations and processes, troubleshoot, and resolve issues in our development, testing and production environments, gather user requirements and document functional and technical specifications as needed, and create thorough system documentation. Throughout all this you will support your fellow IT team members and our end users with your technical expertise and knowledge. This position will work independently and is expected to be able to operate with minimal guidance. Necessary skills include software and systems administration and evaluation, configuration and release management, data management, IT security, service desk, operations, and maintenance functions, and supporting business process engineering services for the portfolio. This position is remote so the successful candidate will be able to work in that environment, but also spend some days in our Hutto office. You will report directly to the VP of Digital Operations.
• Manage and maintain (laptop and iPhone) assets and inventory
• Manage and maintain common software associated with assets
• Manage and maintain website functionality and security
• Respond to all IT requests and resolve issues among our internal team
• Perform oversight and maintenance of the company’s domains and related products, including DNS, SSL, backup, security, FTP access, etc.
• Facilitate the continued development and coordination of IT resources and vendors as the company grows.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Your key traits:
• Extreme eye for details and accuracy
• Strong analytical and excellent problem-solving skills
• Willing and excited to learn new skills
• Outside the box thinker, providing solutions for better efficiency
• Self-starter who can work independently, as part of a team, and/or as a team lead
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively (oral and written)
• Project management expert
• Adaptive to change
• Can manage sensitive and confidential information
• Sense of urgency
Your education and/or experience:
• 3 – 5+ years of experience applicable to your position
• Minimum education: Bachelor’s degree with a focus in IT
• Project management skills and prior experience strongly preferred
• Administrator level experience with GoDaddy, WordPress, Office365, Salesforce, LMS system, strongly preferred
• Long hours sometimes required
• Light work – exerting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or 10 lbs. of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects
• Excessive screen time and phone communication, including video conferencing
• Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure
• Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying, and solving problems as necessary
About Jacaruso Enterprises, Inc.
We might just be the best-kept secret in the hospitality industry! At Jacaruso, we believe in and live “JE Life”. We work hard, and we play hard. We support each another and we vacation together. We are committed to delivering sales results to the owners, managers and brands that have put their trust in us. Teamwork is not a word that we throw around, we are what teamwork aspires to be. We’ve also been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list three years in a row! Do you have what it takes to “Ditch the Grind and Embrace the Hustle”?
In addition to hotel sales operations, the Jacaruso family of companies also includes a real estate rental holdings company and a rapidly expanding travel agency. The Information Systems Administrator will be heavily involved with all of these companies. Do you have what it takes to earn your spot on our team? Take time to learn more about us on our website.
What We Offer
• Competitive Salary – $65,000-75,000 a year
• Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, & Life Insurance – we pay 100% of employee coverage!
• 401(k) with 3% match of W2 income
• Take what you need vacation policy
• Money saved on daily coffee, lunch out, dry-cleaning, gas, vehicle wear-and-tear, etc.
• More time with family and pets (Who are, of course, family. I mean, who are we kidding?)
• Two company paid retreats per year (pre and post COVID)
• Mostly Remote with 2 office days per week
• Eligible for 6 weeks paid parental leave after one year