The Jacaruso family of companies is seeking a Staff Accountant to join our Accounting team. This opportunity is for a hands-on role in full-cycle accounting. The Staff Accountant will help the accounting team to meet deadlines and ensure accuracy of all financial transactions, with a heavy emphasis on AR aging management. You will report directly to the Financial Controller.
• Monitor A/R aging process for timely payment and assist clients with any outstanding accounts
• Process and record client payments
• Research and respond to billing inquiries from clients
• Coordinate AR/AP
• Prepare, review, and enter journal entries
• Reconcile accounts (balance sheet and income statement accounts)
• Maintain and process corporate credit card purchases within Expensify
• Oversee sales teams’ bi-monthly payroll invoices
• Assist with deferred revenue, pre-paid expenses, and accruals
• Assist Director of Financial Operations with A/P, A/R, and bank reconciliations
• Assist Financial Controller with month-end close, financial statements, overall process improvements, and other ad-hoc projects that may arise
Your key traits:
• Extreme eye for details and accuracy
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to identify problems and discrepancies and formulate or perform corrective actions
• Can work as an engaged team member but can also work independently
• Clear communicator
• Adaptive to change
• Can manage sensitive and confidential information
• Sense of urgency
• Rhino principle mindset (link)
Your education and/or experience:
• BS or BBA in Accounting required
• Minimum one year of experience with significant accounting responsibilities, ideally in a smaller and/or fast scaling company
• Highly proficient in spreadsheet software e.g. Microsoft Excel, Numbers, or Google Sheets
• Working knowledge of GAAP and ASC 606
• Experience with NetSuite (or similar), Salesforce, and Expensify a strong plus
• Experience with reconciling income statement and balance sheet accounts
• Strong experience with AR aging and collections
About Jacaruso Enterprises, Inc.
We might be the best-kept secret in the hospitality industry. We manage the sales operations for thousands of hotels in North America. We are committed to delivering sales results to the owners, managers and brands that have put their trust in us. We’ve also been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list three years in a row!
At Jacaruso, we believe in “JE Life.” We work hard and we play hard. We support one another and we vacation together. Teamwork is not just a word that we throw around – we are what teamwork aspires to be.
In addition to hotel sales operations, the Jacaruso family of companies also includes a real estate rental holdings company and a rapidly expanding travel agency. The Staff Accountant will be heavily involved in the accounting for all of these companies. Do you have what it takes to earn your spot on our team? Take time to learn more about us on our website.
What We Offer
• Competitive Salary – $60,000 to $70,000 a year
• Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, AD&D, & Life Insurance – we pay 100% of employee coverage!
• 401(k) with 3% match of W2 income
• Take what you need vacation policy
• Two company paid retreats per year (pre and post COVID)
• Remote work until office re-opening
• Eligible for 6 weeks paid parental leave after one year